I really should not go to book sales, especially good ones. This one was so well-organized that they even had a table for Oprah’s books. I resisted as long as I could but I eventually gave up and just grabbed whatever struck my fancy.
The highlight of this collection is the pristine Folio Society boxed set of Robert Graves’ “Greek Myths.” Pretty. Also:
- Empires of the Word: A Language History of the World by Nicholas Ostler
- 1215: The Year of Magna Carta by Danny Danziger and John Gillingham
- The Romance of the Rose (new Oxford World’s Classics edition)
- Fighting in Spain by George Orwell (also new)
- Middlemarch (older Norton Critical Edition)
- Living to Tell the Tale by Gabriel García Márquez (autobiography)
- Tommy Douglas by Thomas H. Mcleod and Ian McLeod (about the father of Canadian health care)
- The Best of James Herriot
- I, Rigoberta Menchú: An Indian Woman in Guatemala (autobiography)
Now the problem is where to put them!