Alas, 2007 was not a banner year for reading. I fell off every bandwagon and read a measly 25 books, several of which were lightweight. Mea culpa. Next year will be different. (Really! (I mean it!!)) Here’s what I’d like to accomplish in 2008:
- Since there are only 24 hours in the day, spend fewer of them online. Needs must.
- Get back on the Latin bandwagon. One chapter a week. Etiamsi me necat*.
- Finish The Trivium before the ghost of Sister Miriam whacks me on the hands with her ruler.
- Get back on the Don Quixote burro. Two chapters a week, minimum.
- Read War & Peace. Because it’s there.
- Study Gilgamesh and The Egyptian Book of the Dead in depth.
- If I manage that, do some Torah/Tanakh study. (Suggestions?)
- ReadA History of Reading and/or The Golden Thread.
- Read Discovering Girard and What About Hitler?
- Read some more Shakespeare.
That should keep me out of trouble for a while. Come on 2008!
UPDATE: I almost forgot. 2008 is the UN International Year of Planet Earth, so I plan to do some reading in geoscience. Anyone care to join me?
* If it kills me.