Michelle must be feeling a little better because she tagged me with the latest meme whereby I am supposed to publicly humiliate myself by sharing five of my idiosyncratic characteristics. As a hermit I’m not aware of any glaring idiosyncracies, there being no one around to laugh at me, but I will give it a shot.
- I eat salt. On it’s own. I chew it. (There are actually good physiological reasons for this behaviour, according to Traditional Chinese Medicine, and it’s probably why I have no cavities.)
- I hate peanut butter and peanuts in chocolate, but I like peanuts on their own.
- I keep my fingernails properly shaped for playing the classical guitar, even though I haven’t played in months.
- I love to exercise. (I’ve mentioned this before but it bears repeating considering the widely-held notion that people with CFS are just lazy. Some
moronsdoctors even did a study to find out if CFS was caused by “fear of exercise.” Of course they came up with nothing. Duh!)
- I consider Sitka spruce my close friends, and get excited when I see Ponderosa pines. I ask friends to say ‘Hi’ for me to the particular tree species in their neck of the woods. The only reason I can think of for going to England (again) is to see those gigantic hardwoods growing in open parkland that I see in the movies. I guess I have a thing for trees.